Sunday, October 07, 2001

Sunday morning I had breakfast with Bruce. Something happened between Bruce and L, so Bruce asked me to not invite L. I called L anyways, he wasn't home, so no problem. I think Bruce is over analyzing the situation. Later on L left a message on my machine saying sorry he couldn't make it for breakfast, he was at Church. He also asked if Bruce was ok.

At breakfast, Bruce and I decided to head up to the Scenic Hot Springs. It's about an hour drive, and an hour hike. List time I was there was Tuesday Nov 14, 2000 (Wow. My journal is being usefull to me)

The Scenic Hot Springs are a clothing optional hotsprings up by Steven's Pass. It's fun to go soak in them every now and then. Bruce and I spent about 3 hours just relaxing and chatting with others.

Small world story-- Bruce, naked, was getting out of one hot tub while another lady was getting in. Suddenly the women shouted "Bruce! Is that you!" Bruce said yes. He recognized the women as someone he worked with years ago. Then the woman said "You look different now." Bruce, who was standing there, naked, dripping wet, agreed. Everyone in the hot tub burst out laughing.

I think we left at about 5:30. Hiked down the hill and started the drive home. We were both fairly hungry. While driving, we were talking about what to eat and decided that steak and beer would be good. Well, shortly after we decided that, we drove past "Prospectors Steak and Ale House." It was like a message from above. We turned around and went in. It was a good restaurant. We both had the Rib Eye special.

Today, the U.S. (And Britain) launched attacks on terrorist camps in Afganistan. All the words you hear are chosen so carefully. These aren't Islamic Terrorists. These are just terrorists. This isn't an attack on Afganistan, this is an attack against terrorist bases in Afganistan. I understand why they have to choose their words carefully. It's just interesting to observe it.


No comments:

Analytics