Monday, October 15, 2001

I think I'm proud of myself. I'm not sure. Last night I ran into my ex, Brian. He won is wrongfull dismissal lawsuit and has come unto a lot of money. He paid off his mortgage and is going to take a long cruise. He put a lot of pressure on me to start seeing him again. I told him no. I ended up saying 'no' 20 different ways with 20 different reasons.

At about midnight last night he called me again. We fought on the phone for a while.

Tonight he called me again to see if I wanted to come over. I told him no. He wanted to know why and I fumbled around to try and explain. In the end I told him that us sleeping together was just slowing us down from finding real lovers. For the first time in years, he accepted what I said, and didn't fight me to change my mind.

I think this is one of those moments where the right thing is bittersweet.

No comments:

Analytics