Thursday, October 11, 2001

I went out drinking with Bruce. We stopped off at our local bar, the Workshop. I had 3 shots of vodka, half a piture, plus a pint of beer. I shouldn't be typing, I'm drunk.

We talked about boyfriend trouble. Bruce is kind of seeing two guys, Chris and Darren. Bruce is mostly interested in Darren, but Darren is distant and only wants sex. Chris is a fun and nice guy, but he doesn't tickle Bruces's fancy like Darren.

Bruce and I talked about Harry and how I have no choice but to stay away.

They we got onto the subject of ridding your self of the past. My first ex, Rob, came up. I was 24 when I met Rob. He was 39. We ended up living together for two years. Then one day when I came home from work there was a message on the machine. "Hello Barry, don't expect me home tonight. I've met someone new and I'm going to spend some time with him." Rob never came back to pick up his stuff. He left all his clothing, his furniture and his papers behind. I still have some of his clothing-- no point in throwing out good shirts. But Bruce wants me to get rid of them. He wants to have a big bonfire where we both take crap from the past and burn it up. It's weird for me to think about that. Rob left me five years ago. I don't think about him anymore. He's just someone I once new. Putting effort into getting rid of his stuff is strange. I'd have to think about him which is something I never do anymore.

No comments:

Analytics