Wednesday, July 04, 2001

Softball practice this morning. My catching is strong again. My hitting is almost back to normal. Afterwards, my shoulder was a little sore. If I stretch it, I'm ok.

Went hiking with L, and a bunch of his friends. We went along the middle fork of the Snoqualmie River. It was very scenic. Oddly enough, about two thirds of the people we walked by were gay or lesbian. One of the guys joked to L, "Where did you look up this trail, the Damron Hiking guide?"

Afterwards we had a BBQ by the river. L and I tried to go swimming. The Snoqualmie River is glacier fed so it's very cold. Maybe 50F. I intended to swim across the river, but when I got in and swam a bit, I could feel my muscles shutting down from the cold. It's a weird feeling. So I turned around, and hung out by the shore.

Where we hiked, there is a neat arch shaped footbridge over the Snoqualmie. Instead of walking on the pedestrian part of the bridge, I played dare devil, and climbed over the arch part of the bridge (I'll link a photo as soon as I get one)

I'd like to go there again. The directions are Exit 34 off of I-90. Go North. Take a right turn just past the Texaco station. Go 12 miles.

On the way back we planned on stopping at Twede's Cafe (The restaurant in Twin Peaks) for dessert, but it was closed. So we said good buy, and parted ways.

Something is up with Bruce. He hasn't returned my email, or my phone calls. L said Bruce was doing the same thing to him. So L called him up and left him a message basically chewing Bruce out. Bruce called L and apologized. L said that Bruce sounded bummed out about something. L asked if Bruce was going hiking with us, but Bruce declined, saying that he had a personal thing he had to deal with.

No comments:

Analytics