Sunday, January 20, 2002

Saturday morning, I had breakfast with Bruce and Chris. Afterwards, they went to Bruce's place to move some his stuff over to their new place. I went home, worked, worked out, and waited till the inspector came by to test the fire alarms.

I live in a townhouse in Redmond. About a month ago one of the units burnt down. I don't know why. Anyways, they decided to send an inspector around to test all the fire and heat detectors.

In the afternoon Bruce, Chris and I headed down to Tacoma to visit the antique stores. We stumbled across a cool junk store called Ramp Art. The junk was crammed in with narrow paths weaving through it. Through out the store there were disembodied maniques done up in add ways-- a pair of legs sitting on a chair, a torso with a blender instead of a head.

Bruce and Chris ended up buying a few paintings and posters, a jacket, some kitchen stuff and a small table. One poster warned women of strange men who wanted to auto-drive to cafe's and movies. It could lead to sexual relations. And that could lead to disease and pregancy. Know the man you are with!

I bought nothing. I'm not big into shopping. When I know I want something, I buy it, but I'm never on the lookout for deals.

We had dinner at the Southern Kitchen and then headed for Redmond. Bruce had to edit his TV show, so he left us. Chris and I watched most of the directors commentary for American Beauty. Since he's a budding director, he gets a lot out of that.

Chris and I left my place and we headed for theirs. We watched Requeim for a Dream. It's a great movie that's very intense and depressing. No happy ending.

Bruce got back when about 5 minutes of the movie was left; at about 1am. We talked a bit, then they pulled out a futon and I slept there for the night.

No comments:

Analytics