Saturday, January 26, 2002

I went to Chris1's Birthday party tonight. I ran in to several people that I only see once or twice a year-- at my birthday, at Chris1's.

There was some drama at the party. I didn't clue into it. I just noticed that 3 of the guys left early. Chris1's room mate made a joke that was taken the wrong way by some of the guests. The left and the room mate spent a couple of hours in his room. He came out of his room by midnight.

Also, Chris1 mentioned that all is not well with Bruce at work. This kind of suprized me because Bruce has never mentioned anything to me.

Bruce didn't show up till late. When he did show up, Chris1 said to Bruce, "I thought you'd talk to Barry about work stuff." Bruce said that he didn't want me to know. Then Bruce turned to me and told me that he was on a PIP. At work, before they fire you, management puts you on a Personal Improvement Plan. Basically they give you six weeks to improve your performance. Bruce's PIP started in mid December.

I hope things work out for Bruce. I wish he would have asked for help. I can't do his work, but I understand how to play our companies game a bit better than he does.

Chris1 said that Bruce said that if things didn't work out, Bruce was going to move back to Vancouver or Toronto. I'm tired of losing close friends. It's been a year and a half since Andy moved away.

No comments:

Analytics