Saturday, January 12, 2002

Had an early night on Friday. I went out to the Cuff. I met a nice guy and I gave him my number. I doubt that he'll call. I ran into another Chris; Chris6. I've known Chris6 for years. When he heard that I snowboard, he gave me his number and said he wanted to try it. Tentativly we are going snowboarding this Thursday. It's not a date. Just something to do.

Speaking of snowboarding-- today Ryan, Jen, two of their friends E&L and I, went to Steven's Pass. Jen is a big skiier and she's been trying to get Ryan to try it out for a long time. She finally convinced him to try Ski Boarding. It looks kind of fun. Eric skii's. Lisa was a novice. She took a snowboarding lesson and hung around the beginners hill.

We had a good time. It was snowing, but not so bad that it was unbearable. Today was the first day that I felt comfortable on the snowboard. I made turns without thinking; worring if I had enough space or if it was too steep. I had a few good runs. I also took a few spectacular falls.

Snowboarding is much more unstable than skiing or ski boarding. You fall constantly the first 2 days. Even after you become good, you still fall. Skiing and Ski boarding on the other hand are very stable sports. You learn the basics very quickly and with some effort, never fall.

Once, when Jen and I were on the lifts, she confessed that Chris3 does make here feel uncomfortable. She knows he's not a bad man. Just just doesn't like being around him. Oh well. Nothing I can do here.

No comments:

Analytics