Tuesday, July 16, 2002

"Dates"

I had lunch with C5 today. I have a bit of a crush on C5 but he's seeing someone. I try to play it cool. But still, I approach it like a date. I make sure I dress attractive, I find a cool restaurant to go to and I spend a few minutes before hand recalling interesting stories to talk about.

I got this back from him...

> Barry,
> Thanks for a great break from work today. I always enjoy talking to you. Let's try to make our lunch "dates" more often.
> Later,
> C

The down side of having a crush on someone is that I can't take what they say at face value. I have to analyze it and pick at the words. Why did he put "dates" in quotes? Did he want to make sure I interpreted "lunch dates" as "lunch friendship-dates" by stressing the "dates" part, or did he want me to interpret "lunch dates" as "lunch romantic-dates" by stressing the "dates" part. Or am I being obsessive, and he being coy?

No comments:

Analytics