Tuesday, August 21, 2001

I talked to Harry today. He said he gave his BF the "This relationship isn't really working for me" talk. The BF still wants very much to be with Harry, so he's working hard to change. Harry is waiting to see if the changes stick.

It just occured to me that Harry may not want to date me if he and his BF break up. He did say he would probably date me if he were single. But he also told me not to wait for him.

Fuck. Harry is the first man I've felt anything good for in years. Why can't this just be simple?

How do straight people do this? A gay friend of a friend, upon turning 30, said "If I was straight, I'd be married already." and I understand what he meant. The majority of my straight friends are in functioning long term relationships. I can't tell if they are madly in love with each other, but I can see that they care for, and respect each other. What is it about being gay that makes it so hard to meet a good man and even harder to have a long term relationship?

No comments:

Analytics