Friday, February 01, 2002

I did some research on how our company helps/disciplines problem employees

Then, last night I helped move the last of Bruce's stuff over to Chris3's. We talked about Bruce’s work problems. It sounds like his manager is being a jerk. None of Bruce's work issues are being documented in email or by HR. This probably means the manager is coming up with it himself. When you discipline an employee you must document everything or you are opening yourself up for a law suit. Also Bruce’s performance numbers, while not spectacular, do not indicate that he needs remedial action.

Chris3 suspects that the manager knows the Bruce is gay and is attempting to force him out. I’m not sure about that. But, they definitely have a personality conflict.

I've have this nagging doubt in my mind that Bruce has fibbed a bit about his performance numbers. He told me his numbers months ago, before his current problems came up. He may have padded them a bit. Now, rather than being caught in a lie, he's retelling the same numbers.

I don't know. I hope things work out.

I played hockey last night. We lost 6-0. Our first shut out of the season. The team is fairly demoralized. We are going to organize some practices.

No comments:

Analytics