Monday, March 17, 2003

Sunday I installed a wireless network at home. This blog entry is beamed from my computer to the web, through a wireless network. It's kind of cool.

Setting up the network was easy. Then I started tinkering. It was amazing how easily slight tweaks would bring things down. Everything is up and healthy now. My computers are talking to each other (TommyBoy and Snookums) But, there was a lot of frustration along the way.

The cool thing about home-wireless is that you can see all the networks near by-- there are two other networks in my neighbourhood. Maybe I should open my network up to the general public. Just to see what happens. Right now I've turned up all the encryption settings, so I should have lots of privacy.

Afterwards, I went out with Behr to the Cuff. We had two pichers of beer. Behr and I drink a lot. We need to cut down. He wanted to go out tonight (St Patricks) but I didn't feel like drinking more beer.

The Cuff is geting quiet. I'm going to start going to other bars.

No comments:

Analytics