Tuesday, August 06, 2002

Mathew is back. Tonight I had dinner with he and his ex.

I've known for a while that Mathew doesn't like his mother. I found out tonight that he never calls her "mom." He only refers to her by her first name.

Over dinner, it became clear that Mathew is keeping many secrets from me. His ex started to tell me a story about a woman friend, but Mathew cut him off, stressing it was personal information and if he wanted me to know, he would tell me. From the sounds of it, before the ex was cut off, Mathew has been married three times. Not just the two times I know of. It sounds like Mathew is still married to his 3rd wife.

I know that everyone has their secrets. But, I don't like proof of it being shoved in my face. Now, when I listen to Mathew, instead of thinking "What is Mathew saying?" I'll think "What does Mathew want me to think? What is he hiding?" I don't like being cynical like that.

Mathew and his ex want to hook me up with a friend of theirs. I briefly met the friend last Friday, but I don't remember what he looks like. Apparently the friend is a really nice guy and has a great body. We'll see.

No comments:

Analytics