Wednesday, August 21, 2002

I bought a printer. Not just any printer. I bought a huge, wide, enormous printer. It's 4 feet tall, 5 feet wide, two feet deep. It can print photo quality images up to 42 inches wide.

I've been looking for a new printer. My old printer prints color weird and can't handle large paper. I was going to buy a normal consumer printer that could handle 13x19. I mentioned my search to C2. He said he delt with several companies that resale hardware from expired leases, belly-up dot com's and the like. He asked what models that I would be intersted in.I told him. He mentioned that it would be easier for him to find the bigger printers. I gave him the go-ahead.

The next day, he got back to me. He could get me a used HP DesignJet 500 (New Retail $2500.00) for $500.00 cash plus I had to get him a copy of the software I work on. We agreed.

Well, the printer showed up today. When C2 told me at arrived, he was laughing. He said it was huge.

"How huge?" I asked.

"Huge. Bigger than a couple of midgets."

Well, it is. It's about the same size as a love seat. Most important, it prints beautiful large pictures. But, I still laugh everytime I look at it.

No comments:

Analytics