Monday, November 05, 2001

Embarrassing day. A while back, Master Mark took a racy picture of me. He got me to put it on my chat profile, just for one day, just to see what would happen. I forgot to take it down. Today someone I respect saw the picture. Shit.




“The promise of love is hard to ignore.” -Nick Finn

“Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young.” – Mary Schmich

Would I leave Seattle if I fell in love with someone somewhere else? When I left Toronto for Seattle, I left many good people behind. It was hard. When I was talking to a friend from Toronto, he said he could never leave Toronto, even for love. Toronto is his home. All his friends are there

On one hand I believe that what I want most is to meet a good husband that I can love and build a life with. On the other hand, my friends are important to me. I know how hard it is to leave and I’m not looking forward to doing it again.

Anyways, right now this is all hypothetical-- maybe not in the future.

I watched L.A. Story again. I’m over identifying with it. L.A. Story is about a man, Harry, who goofs around and amuses himself, but doesn’t have real meaning to his life.

“I was deeply unhappy only I didn’t know it because I was so busy being happy all the time.” -Harry in L.A. Story.

Harry meets a good woman, Sara, and the two start to fall in love. However Harry wrecks things by falling back to his careless ways. Sara catches him having sex with a young bimbo.

I won’t give too much more away, but in the end Harry and Sara do get together and live happily ever after. Unfortunately, the reasons they get back together are far fetched and I can’t hope for the same in my life.

Shit. I’m being misty-eyed and philosophical again.

No comments:

Analytics