Sunday, November 11, 2001

Bruce's new BF, Chris is kind of an cool guy. He seems genuinely interested when he talks to you. The interest may be slightly self serving. Chris is in the film industry. He’s worked on music videos, commercials and documentaries. Mostly he’s a camera man and art director. But sometime he writes and directs. I get the feeling he pays attention so he can make his writing and direction more true. A few times something I’ve said has struck Chris’s ear, and he wrote it down…

“We exchanged phone numbers, but he was from the middle of nowhere, and I was from the middle of a different nowhere, so we never managed to get together.” –Me.

This morning over breakfast, a lady with a Bible, who locked the keys in her car and broke he heel on her shoe, asked me to drive her to Church. I agreed to it. Later on Chris mentioned that when she asked, a series of 8 emotions quickly passed over my face. He wondered if I could do it again so he could write it down. I had no real recollection of what I felt, so I had to say no.

Right now Chris is working on a documentary about rally racers. For about a year, he’s been following about a dozen guys, in their late teens and early twenties, who live, breath, eat and sleep to rally race and stunt drive. All of the guys came from very wacked-up families. Chris, being relatively stable, ended up being a kind of father figure to them. Now that filming is over he has very mixed emotions. The guys still want him to be around all the time. He’s still trying to be friends but it’s hard. He didn’t tell them he is gay. He has to spend his time working on other things. It’s a tough situation.

No comments:

Analytics