Friday, October 04, 2002

So, I've had a work emergecy. In some obsure situations, a program that I'm resonsible for crashes. I poked and prodded at it for many hours on Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday I spotted something that might have explained the crash. The solution was a long shot, but I couldn't see anything else, so I fixed that. Finally today, other people are saying that the fix worked and the crash has gone away. Whew.

Next week I'm heading out of town on a business trip. I'm glad I got the emergecy out of the way. I would have had to cancel my trip if I didn't solve the problem.

Last night, the dinner party went well. Eight People showed up. Sandy, Mathew, Cor, C6 and the four PB's. It was a bit cramped-- the dining room only seats six. Half of us ate in the living room. The remainder ate in the dining room. The conversation and company were good.

I didn't tell anyone-- I spent $100.00 on food. Most of it steaks. Sigh. One of the reasons I had dinner at my place was that I wanted to have an inexpensive evening. When Mathew, Sandy I go out for dinner, I can easily spend $50.00. Oh Well. Next time I'll make it a pot luck.

On the flip side, every one brought beer and wine. I have enough for the next six months.

No comments:

Analytics