Thursday, October 03, 2002

Last night I went out with the movie bears and saw Sweet Home Alabama. I didn't really like it. It's about a woman who leaves small town Alabama, moves to NY and builds a great new life for herself. Years later she returns to Alabama and remembers how much she loves the old home town.

I was born in small town Ontario (Ottawa Valley). One of the happest days of my life was when I left the Valley for the the big city. I travel back to the Valley about once a year. When I'm there I don't regret leaving. So, when I see a movie about someone returning to a rural town, well, I don't understand. People leave small towns for good reasons-- career, something to do at night other than drink and watch TV, it's easier to make good friends in a large city. Those reasons never go away.

No comments:

Analytics