Sunday, May 13, 2001

Thursday, I went out for beers with the gang from work.

Friday, work had a BBQ, later on I went downtown to the RPlace, and the Eagle.

Saturday, I bought a Kayak!. Bruce and I had breakfast. ran a couple of errands, and then decided to go to Pacific water sports. When we got to PWS, we weren't too impressed. They just moved stores, and everything was disorganized. We looked around a bit, and then left. We drove down to a work wear place in Kent, and bought some jeans and shorts. On the way back, we saw this little kayak/canoe store by the road. When we drove it, it was closed, but a lady, Kim, inside saw us, and opened the place for us. It turned out that the store was the Easy Rider Kayak factory. Kim was a very good sales woman. I saw this little fiber glass kayak that I liked, and Kim told me it was $900.00 Other fiber class Kayak's I've seen, start at $2000.00, so I asked here why this was so inexpensive. She told me that I wouldn't be getting a full control rudder. That the kayak didn't have bulkheads, and that it needed $60.00 for front and rear floats. I mulled about it for a while, and then bought it. I was expecting to pay about $1000.00 for plastic, so $900 for fiber glass was great. I don't really need the bulkheads. The full rudder might be nice, but I can do without it.

Sunay, I played softball. 3 games. First game, I got softball right in my lower jaw. It was a pop up. I went to get it, but didn't call it. The other fielder ran into me, and the ball hit my jaw. My lip is fairly badly cut. It's not bleading any more, but for a few days, eating is going to be challenging. I at out the rest of the 1st and 2nd games. We won the first game, and the second game. We lost the third 19-18. It was a close game.

No comments:

Analytics