Tuesday, May 22, 2001

Friday night I went out to C.C's. I was supposed to meet Bruce there, but he didn't show up. He's still to tired from his surgery.

Friday morning I had breakfast with Bruce at Van's. Afterwards we went to Home Depot-- I needed some rope for the kayak. The pain killers are affecting bruce in a sort of weird way. He's not acting stoned, but he is bullshitting much more. He is also acting more insecure. He talked to a guy about buying a BBQ. He went on about how after kayaking he might have 6 or 7 guys over at his place wanting to eat. Well, that's bull shit. He's kayaked less often than I have. He's never had more the 2 guys over to his place.

Then as we were waiting in the check-out line, he remeber that we needed a 2-inch hole saw for my drill. So, I went back and got one. When I came back so quckly, he was supprized. He asked me if I sure I knew what I was doing. He wanted me to go back, and to run it by a sales guy. I told him no. It was a $3 drill bit. I didn't need advice.

Now, the reason I bought the hole saw is that Bruce needs some holes drilled in a entertainment center of his. When I tried to give him my drill, and the hole saw, he came up with all kinds of reasons why he couldn't do it and told me that I had to come over and do it for him. That was kind of weird.

Saturday evening I went out the the Cuff, and met up with Bruce. He bought a pitcher for us, but I only had one glass from it. The Cuff was fairly crowded, I talked to a few guys, but nothing happened. I really don't enjoy talking to strangers. There are probably many nice guys out there that I'm just not going to meet, because I don't like talking to someone that I don't know.

Sunday I played softball. We lost the first game 30 to 28. We won the second game 22 to 4. These games are strange. poor defense slugfests.

Sunday evening, the softball team went to R Place. It was my birthday, so the guys bought me a lot of beer. At about 9pm we went to the 611 Supreme for dinner. We went back to R Place afterwards. I met a room mate of one the guys on my team; his name is Roger. He seams to be a nice guy. I gave him my number and we kissed a bit. He called me back Monday evening, but I was away from home.

Monday evening, I played hockey. We won 8 to 5. It was mixed. I didn't play my best. Some of the guys from the softball team showed up to cheer us on.

Tuesday morning I called Harry to say hi. Got his answering machine. If something is going to happen between Roger and I, I have to stop thinking about Harry, otherwise it will ruin things. On the other hand, I've dated many guys once, but then nothing happened. Roger could end up like that as well.

No comments:

Analytics