Sunday, January 21, 2001

Friday night I went to C.C's, the Seawolf, R Place and then the Eagle. At the Seawolf, I ran into Russ and his new boyfriend. Russ used to be Harry's roommate, but then he fell in love and quickly moved out. One night, before Russ moved out, Rus and his new boyfiend were sleeping at Harry's. Harry said that early in the morning, he woke up and someone was rubbing his stomache. He looked over and the new boyfriend was kneeling beside the bed. Harry just laid still, and acted like he was sleeping. After a few minutes, Harry's alarm clock went off. The boyfriend hit the floor, and rolled under the bed. Harry stumbled out of bed, and headed for the washroom. When he got out of the washroom, the boyfriend had left.

So, when I ran into Russ, and his boyfriend, I really wanted to say "So your the guy who was feeling Harry up." But I didn't.

Saturday, I bought snowboarding cloths at G I Joe's in Issiquah. At 5pm I went to Beppo's for a birthday party of some guy I don't really know. He's a friend of Ryan and Jen's. It tooks us two hours to get seated! That's one thing I hate about Beppo's, the long waits. The food isn't that great either. The desserts are good, but that's not enough.

Jason is threatoning to mail me a bottle of his urine. He's looked my address up.

After that birthday part, I went to Suzanne and Paul's. Paul just made Captin (He's a pilot) so Suzanne threw him a party. Many of the old Toronto people where there. The change in conversation was jarring. At Beppo's we drank beer, and talked about sex, dildo's and other rude topics. At Suzanne's and Pauls we drank wine and scotch, and talked about work, the protestant reformation, and having children. Both parties were fun. Just different.

I'm kind of fascinated by the whole "freedom of speach" thing that many americans woriship. Take Bonsai Kitten for example. This site, it's a satire (I guess), about how to grown asthetically pleasing kittens using Bonsai techniques. The site has come under attack (By the humane society among others) for it's cruelty to animals. As a result, Bonsai kitten has been kicked off of two hosts. This is where the Protect-freedom-of-speach crowd comes in. They scream bloody murder in the name of free speach. Both sides act like the fate of western civilization is at stacke. Or maybe, it's just a bunch of nerds who have too much time on their hands, and fighting for their beliefs gives them something to do.

What's the point of satire, or spoof when your target isn't full of vice and folly? I did laugh at Bonsai Kitten.

No comments:

Analytics