Monday, October 02, 2023

We are in Dallas for the week. The husband lived in Texas for many years and has many old friends here. We are staying with a couple of his closest.

The heat in Dallas is the first thing I've noticed. Even in October, the temperature rises above ninety during the day. The locals all stay indoors until it cools down in the evening. I am a little reminded of Tommy's writing about the LA heat.

The locals dress a little more nicely than in the PNW. No surprise there-- flannel, tech swag the Thrift Shop are the unofficial PNW garb.

While we are here, I am working from our hosts home. The husband has taken a week of vacation and is using some of this time to meet up with old friends. 

I am on a quest to try distinctive Texas food; BBQ, Mexican, Tex-Mex, chicken fried steak. 

The BBQ was excellent. Better than we can get in Seattle. The Texmex and Mexican food is good, but about the same quality as California or Washington. Every city seams to have its secret taco truck that makes excellent tacos.

This husband suggested I have a Texas Margarita. At first I was interested. As we searched, I realized he was just pointing to any bar that advertised margaritas. I had to ask-- is a Texas Margarita just a margarita made by a Texan, or is it something distinctly Texan? We concluded that it's just a margarita made by a Texan. I let that goal drop and reminded myself to not let AA folks bartend for me-- they prefer convenience and quantity over quality. That is not how I drink.

3 comments:

"Tommy" said...

Look at Ya'll........ Just two hops and a big skip away from good ole Louisiana...

Glad y'all decided to join the Heat down this way... makes you appreciate that PNW Climate..

Make sure you get some really good White Gravy with that Chicken Fried Steak..... makes that sopping of the hot butter drippin' buttermilk biscuit in that peppery White Gravy.... with that perfect friend Chicken Steak

Digital Marketing company in chennai said...

Nice post. digital marketing company in Chennai

coworking space in anna nagar said...

coworking space in Anna Nagar

Analytics