Monday, July 10, 2023

Mom's dementia has its quirks, mostly repeated behaviors. She is fond of pointing out when someone is loosing hair. She does regularly to dad. The husband shaves his head. When I show mom a picture with him, she will quickly point out his head.

For mom, everything needs a piece of paper under it. Glasses will be placed on napkins. She doesn't really think about it. She just does it. Then there is the way she handles receipts and junk-mail. These will accumulate under the cutting board in the kitchen and under her placemat at the dinner table.



Over the weekend I toured around the neighborhood. When I lived here as a teen, I kept to the farm, the local village and my schools. I should have explored more. This area can be beautiful. Oh well. It gives me a reason to explore more now. 


No comments:

Analytics