Tuesday, July 18, 2023

In AA they say "We share our experiences in a general way." I see the wisdom of this when I think about my mother. It's so easy for me to call out the many ways her mind and body are decaying. Yet, that's not what I want to do here. I don't want to be to be a chronicler of someone with dementia. 

I want to be positive and forward looking. Whatever that means in this situation.

My brother from Alberta and his wife have arrived arrived with their trailer. They will be here for at least two weeks. It's good to see them. This gives us a few more options for managing mom. One of us can hang with her while the rest of us work on the house or farm. There is some differed maintenance at their house.Nothing that a week of hard work won't fix.

Death Stalks You at Every Turn...

While I've been here, GS, a friend from college, had a massive heart attack while playing softball. He is recovering in the hospital. 

DLB, a high school friend, completed her chemo for breast cancer. She is recovering well.

These friends are both my age.


1 comment:

Bathwater said...

Stay positive and be aware of how this is affecting you. I would have sworn I was handling it well when my dad was dying, but I developed stomach issues that only passed once he did.

Analytics