Friday, May 19, 2023

My husband and I have started using AI. Yesterday, OpenAI dropped an app for the iPhone. We both installed it and are experimenting.

My husband spent some time quizzing ChatGpt about cancer treatments. This is his area of expertise. He was very impressed by the answers. Next, he tested it by discussing travel itineraries for our past few trips. He wanted to see what ChatGpt would propose versus his actual experience. Again, he was impressed by the proposed itinerary for Paris.

Our next trip is in June. He now trusts ChatGpt for travel suggestions, so he and ChatGpt are fleshing out the trip.

I’m using ChatGpt as an editor. I popped this blog post into it and asked for help. It works surprisingly well. I’m tempted to start using it for some work communications, but that is full of legal and disclosure issues, so I’ll stay away from that.

I see that it's replaced "The husband" (My nickname for my husband) with something grammatically correct.
 
It also provided the following suggestions...

Some suggestions for improving your blog post could be to add more details about your experiences with the AI app and how it has helped you or your husband in different areas. You could also consider adding some personal reflections on the potential benefits and drawbacks of using AI in daily life.


Then I asked "Please rewrite my blogpost in a less conversational and more formal tone." I got...

Recently, my spouse and I have begun utilizing an artificial intelligence application developed by OpenAI on our iPhones. We have been experimenting with its capabilities and have been impressed with the results thus far.

For instance, my spouse queried ChatGpt regarding cancer treatments, an area in which he possesses expertise. The responses he received were impressive. Additionally, he tested ChatGpt by discussing travel itineraries for our previous trips. He compared ChatGpt’s proposed itinerary for Paris with his actual experience and found it to be satisfactory.

Our next trip is scheduled for June, and my spouse now trusts ChatGpt to provide travel suggestions. They are currently collaborating to plan the trip.

I have also utilized ChatGpt as an editor for my writing. I input this blog post and requested assistance, and the results were surprisingly effective. I am tempted to use it for work communications, but there are legal and disclosure issues to consider.


No comments:

Analytics