Thursday, May 18, 2023

I purged my wardrobe last weekend. Later, I checked out my clothing shopping history and discovered that I buy almost all my clothes online.

I really haven’t bought new clothes since before the pandemic, with a few exceptions-- new shoes, new socks, and a few t-shirts. The rest has been around for years.

My husband’s clothing purchase habits are very different. He enjoys shopping and buying new clothes. He likes it when I wear nice new clothes and would love to help me.

Part of my problem is that I am very tall and on the thin side. It’s hard to find clothes that fit me well. Big & Tall stores usually don’t help because they are for those who are big and tall, while I am only tall.

There are a few manufacturers who make clothing in my size, and I have accounts with them all. However, their catalogs never change. I could buy a new version of the same shirt that I just threw out, which I originally bought in 2018.

I’ll just tell myself that my style is timeless, not trendy.

1 comment:

Bathwater said...

That sucks not having more clothing choices. Everything has gravitated toward online, even for those of us with more of a selection. I am remiss to get rid of old favorites. Even though most are out of style or too large for me now. The trend in new clothes is to be cheap and trendy. I don't like that.

Analytics