Wednesday, May 24, 2023

 Bathwater writes...

So have you decided to take all your posts into Chat GPT before publishing?

It's a shiny new toy. I'm sure I'll use it less as the novelty wears off. 

Using it is also instructive. Sometimes I'll write things that I must mull over for hours. Maybe I need to communicate something controversial. Maybe I must give hard feedback or ask hard questions. AI is a new tool for edit and review. It is much more useful than rereading it dozens of times.

I'm also learning how to spot AI authored text. After using AI for a while I've observed that its writing has a certain feel and tone. A little too neutral. A little too consistent. A little too wordy. 

I have a coworker who does not speak English fluently. Recently I've noticed that his written communication is clear, fleshed out and has proper grammar. Hmmmm

PS. This post has not been edited by AI.

No comments:

Analytics