Wednesday, May 31, 2023


On Monday, my and I attended an AA meeting that hosts a potluck on the fifth Monday of the month. When that happens it invites friends and partners. My husband regrets not being able to attend this meeting more often, as he often flies out for work on Mondays. He has several acquaintances at this AA meeting. He feels like he could add value to it.

On Tuesday evening, I had dinner with my friend C2. He has decided to move to San Diego, California, where there are more job opportunities in his career field. Seattle is starting to sour on him, as it’s been over a year since he’s had a ‘real’ date. From his perspective, there are plenty of players in Seattle, but few men who want to date and build a normal relationship.

I keep my mouth shut. It’s very easy for me to poke holes in his reasoning, but it’s very hard to get him to listen to or trust me. I’m not a great example of how to have a sane or normal relationship or career progression.

No comments:

Analytics