Thursday, July 29, 2021

My parents eat a lot of sausage, egg, potato, ham, bread and cheese. And cookies and coffee. Don't forget the cookies and coffee. My stomach feels bogged down after a few meals with them. 

I had lunch with my cousin today. She has a similar problem with her parents. These stubborn old people-- eating what's convenient. We commiserated over salads. 

I used to be happy that my parents all lived near their brothers and sisters. My hope was that they could take care of each other in an emergency. Now I see that they are all old. The young ones are in their late seventies. Half of them have lost their drivers licenses. They are not going to be able to take care of each other.

2 comments:

Bathwater said...

I eat a lot of eggs, cheese, and beans. I skip the bread and potatoes! Those have too many carbs. I do eat lots of cookies, though...because they are good and convenient :).

Bohemian said...

As we Age Out we have to consider what and who is close enough to assist us if necessary. That's why The Man and I moved back into the City near what we'd need should it get to where I can't drive, since he hasn't driven in Years and I don't expect the Adult Grandkids and Adult Kids to put their lives on Hold for us. I'm a Senior that eats healthy but it's hard to get The Man to, he grew up with that diet you speak of and now he's an Insulin Diabetic, he gets cranky when I insist he eat healthier fare.

Analytics