Monday, July 26, 2021

 


I had a great first week in Toronto. Toronto is coming out of it's pandemic lockdown, so while I hung out with my friends, they were hanging out with people for the first time in weeks.

My friends are all vaccinated now.  and mostly we stayed outdoors. Toronto is having a lovely summer. It was easy to watch movies in the back yard, or take a long walk along the lake.

I drove from Toronto to my parents on Sunday. It's a five hour drive. They live way out in small town Ontario.

They are doing well. Dad, who had his knees replaced over winter, is walking just fine for a seventy seven year old man. Mother is starting to be a little more wobbly when she walks. It's especially noticeable when she gets out of the truck. 

Monday, I had breakfast with them in the morning. After that, I drove back to my hotel and worked there for the day. In the evening I returned to their place, had a late dinner with them and a couple of drinks. We watched a little TV together. Then I said goodbye and drove back to the hotel.


3 comments:

Bathwater said...

You are not far from me. I used to work for a company based in Toronto. I made that drive up there all the time.

Harry said...

Cool! There is a surprising amount of Detroit/Toronto trade and tourism. I’ve also made that trip.

Bohemian said...

Glad your vacay had gone so well. Hard to see our Loved Ones get Old, now I'm at that place myself I imagine its hard for my Adult Grandkids to see me get Old and wobbly. I raised two of them and adopted them so they know it's likely they will be the ones making hard decisions for us when the time comes, rather than their Mom, Aunt and Uncle, who are getting Old enough to have Issues of their own to Deal with regarding Health. Sometimes I can't believe some of my Grandkids are reaching middle age, how did that happen?! *Gasp! LOL*

Analytics