Friday, April 30, 2004

I'm on the verge of quitting my job. On Wednesday I was in a scheduling meeting. As we went over the schedules, I was overcome by the feeling that I didn't want to do this any more. If I quit my job I would be free of micro managing project managers. Free of the boredom. Free of the paper work. Free to be outside in the sun. For the next fifteen minutes I thought through the logistics. How long could I live without a salary? What would I do next?

Wednesday night I talked about it with C2. We saw Kill Bill: Vol. 2 A fairly good move, though a bit too talky.

Thursday morning I approached my job with the attitude "I don't care if I get fired." I told my manager about two different areas that I didn't have enough time to do a quality job on. He agreed with me and we split my job into three.

Hmmm. So I have less work now.

I'm still going to do my resume. But, we'll see how things go.

We had survivor potluck last night. For the first time in a while, the food was great.

No comments:

Analytics