Wednesday, April 09, 2003

This entry is very practical. This morning I saw two houses with my real estate agent. Here are the notes...

The first house was a log house. huge yard. On the plus side, it's beautiful and private. Great kitchen, very rustic. On the minus side it really only has one bedroom and no garage. I could put bedrooms in the basement, but they wouldn't have a lot of light. The current owners use the open loft as a bedroom, which is ok for kids, but if you want your privacy you are out of luck. The lawn (1 acre) might be a bit much to take care of.

The 2nd house has lots of rooms, a hot tub, a basket ball court, two living rooms, two fireplaces and 4 bedrooms. It's more dated-- late 70's early 80's. It needs several minor renovations. Plus side-- very close to work. Much space, two car garage. There are so many rooms. I'd need much more furniture.

The 2nd house, in the master bath, has a large shower with two heads. The shower is surrounded by glass block. The Agent made a joke that Steven and Vic would love to mess around in the shower.

The 2nd house is more of a party house. I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

My heart wants the log house. My head says the 2nd house is a better investment.

No comments:

Analytics