Saturday, April 19, 2003

I went house hunting today. Now, I'm torn between two houses. Both houses are great. But the house in Lochmoor is a better investmant than the other-- a log house in Newcastle. The log house speaks more to my heart.

The Lochmoor house is $392,000.00 Is 3129 square feet. Has a view of the lake. Freshly painted. Nice hard wood floors. Close to work. Small, low maintenance lot. Detached garage with a studio.

The Newcastle house is $350,000.00, a log house, 2280 square feet plus a 450 sqft shop. It's more quiet, next to a park. Farther from work. Large, but low maintenance lot. New roof was put on last year. Two years ago they refinished the logs.

Both have great spots for hot tubs.

Both houses are really nice. If my agent had only showed me one but not the other, then I would be happy buying that home.

I have to decide fast. The Lochmoor house will go quickly. I'm sure it will be gone If I don't make an offer by Sunday.

No comments:

Analytics