Friday, May 10, 2002

I've just realized that I've become "The Man/The System" that youth rebel against, that complain we never give them a break...

I interviewed a college grad on Thursday. He was a nice guy, fairly bright but very green. Right now he's stuck in a vicious circle. He needs some experience before he can get a job, but he can't get a job because he doesn't have experience. I can't hire him. Because of the recession, many ambitious, experienced and intelligent people have also been applying. Relative to them the college grad just wasn't the best person for the job.

I guess I've offically sold my soul to the company.

Matthew slept over last night. We didn't have sex. We had dinner, watched a movie (The Maddness of King George) and went to bed. He wakes up at 5am. I wake up at about 8:30. I don't understand people who can get by on 5 or 6 hours of sleep a night. I need 8 or I feel sick and turn into a bastard.

No comments:

Analytics