Monday, April 30, 2001

Andy wrote me. He just got back from New Orleans. Sounds like he had a blast there. Both nights, he had sex with strippers in bar storage rooms.

My weekend was much less sexy. Saturday I had two dates. There were just "let's have lunch, and get to know each other better" dates. No sex in either case. I met one guy through softball, the other through the internet. I already wrote about the lunch with the Softball guy. The other guy, Garry, is a late bloomer. He's 32yo, and has worked as a checkout clerk at safeway since he graduated from highschool. He doesn't do much of anything, but it sounds like he's starting to try and develop a life. He said that in the last year, he's lost 75lbs.

Sunday, softball was rained out. I rented a kayak, and went kayaking on Lake Washington. They are really tippy. It doesn't help that I'm 6'6''.

Sunday evening, I went to the Cuff beer bust, and met an extreamly perceptive man, Mark. Bruce, Brian, Mark and I were talking. Mark ended up cold-calling the state of Bruce&F's relationship with frightening accuracy.

Later on, I tried to give Mark my number, but he loudly refused. When I left the, he followed me out. He told me that he really wanted to accept my number, but that he was afraid of Brian. He said he saw two things in Brian. One was that Brian was violent. The other was that Brian looked at me like he was begging me to love him.

Mark and I ended up going to CC's eating and talking a bit. He's a big worry wart. He made sure I stopped drinking alcohol before I drove home. He was concerned that I didn't park right next to the Cuff (I parked 2 blocks away) so, he insisted on driving me to my truck. Then, when I got home, called to make sure that I was safe.

He lives in Bainbridge, and has two sons. I think the big city (If you can call Seattle a big city) scares him a bit.

He called again at 7am in the morning, just to say hi. I almost called him Brian, because their voices are kind of the same. I hope he doesn't start obsessing over me. On the other hand, I kind of like him. We'll see.

No comments:

Analytics