Monday, March 05, 2001

Wow. It's taking longer than I thought to compile all the Africa stuff. I'll pick with what's happened since I got back, and post the Africa entries later.

I got back last Wednesday. The earthquake hit Seattle at about 11:00am. The airport was closed, but they inspected the runways, and let our jet land. Bruce was supposed to pick me up, but he heard that airport was closed, so he no showed. Plus, when I tried to call him I heard "Due to Technical Difficulties your call cannot be completed..." I ended up taking a shuttle home. I was very jet lagged, so I went to bed by 9:00pm.

Thursday I went to work. Bruce called me up and apologized for not showing up. Thursday, I left work at 2pm, claiming jet lag. I went and bought a scanner. Later, I met up with Bruce, and we went to dinner at the NW brew house and grill that night. I'm not really a big fan of the food at the NW Brewhouse. It's ok, but it's a bit expensive.

Friday I went downtown. I ran into Terry and we talked for a while. I asked him why he was always at the Cuff by himself, when he had a boyfriend. He said that his boyfriend worked weekend nights, and that hanging out at the Cuff, and playing pool was comfortable. I've been thinking a lot about Terry lately. I want to date him.

Saturday, I went to a Softball skills clinic. It was ok. Since this my first year, I'm playing for a rec team, however one of the coaches asked me "Are you sure you want to play for a 'D' team" I'll stick with the team for this year, and change things next year. The weird thing about softball players is that it's much more gay than hockey. On my hockey team, you couldn't tell that our most effeminate player was gay, unless you spent some time with him. But in softball, half the players look gay. The other half, once they open up their mouths, you know they are queer.

F went to Vancouver for the day, so Saturday night, I met up with Bruce and we had dinner at the Elysian. Bruce was complaining about L. Bruce and L are trying to setup a patient tracking system for Postive solutions, but L seams to be over engineering it. Postive solutions only has about 5 people who are entering, maybe, 300 transactions a month. But L is installing this system that would be able to manage a large hospital. It's frustrating Bruce, because it's slowing things down.

Later on, Bruce and I went to CC's for a drink. Bruce is always tring to get me hooked up. So, he introduced me to a few cute guys. Both of us left by 10:00pm.

Sunday morning I went and bought a CD Rom burner for my computer. I had lunch with Bruce and F at Ruby's dinner in RTC. The three of us are looking for a cool place to hang out around Redmond. I don't think it's going to happen. Sunday afternoon, I sorted through my photos of Europe and Africa. I'm missing a role. I still have lots of pictures though, 16 rolls.

No comments:

Analytics