Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Third Weekend, Wake and Funeral.

The past few days have been a whirlwind of visits and planning. Saturday, my husband flew in. It was wonderful to have him around. 

Monday afternoon and evening were dedicated to Mom’s wake, which was well attended by relatives, friends, neighbors, and fellow parishioners. Ninety people signed the guest book.

The funeral took place late Tuesday morning, with many relatives present whom I haven't seen in more than a decade. The pastor delivered a moving sermon, and I had the honor of giving the eulogy.

Among the attendees were my friends GM, J, and SG. GM's husband passed away last summer, and she mentioned that last night marked the first time she hadn't slept in her home since his passing, making this trip doubly emotional for her.

Emotions have been catching me off guard as well. One moment I'm fine, and the next, a memory of Mom overwhelms me, and I get choked up.

No comments:

Analytics