Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Dad grew up on a farm about five miles down the road from where he currently lives. After he married, he and Mom bought a farm next to his parents' farm, as did a few of his brothers and sisters. Dad has spent his whole life surrounded by family.

Now, he's an eighty-year-old man who finds that all of his siblings have either passed away or require assisted living. Without Mom, he's alone and unsure what to do with his time.

My brothers and I have started calling him every day. I've invited him over to our place, though I'm not sure he wants to travel.

The community is also there to help. I've heard that other widowers in the neighborhood have stopped by for coffee. There's also a community club just down the street, always looking for volunteers for maintenance.

Hang in there, Dad.

No comments:

Analytics