Wednesday, February 07, 2024

Life moves on.

​Mom passed away this morning.

Yesterday Mom was struggling to breathe and much more disconnected than usual. As the evening approached, her breathing became very agitated and labored. The nurse gave her sedatives to help her to relax. My brother and sister-in-law stayed up with Mom through the night.

This morning my sister-in-law and I were discussing mom’s care and how it needed to change. Then the room got very quiet. Mom had stopped breathing. My SIL checked on her and asked me to gather the rest of the family. We gathered around and said our goodbyes. 

The rest of the morning has been a blur phone calls and discussions. 

This has been the most heartbreaking and loving thing I have ever been through. 

2 comments:

"Tommy" said...

my condolences to you and your family......

Bathwater said...

I am sorry for your loss. It sounds like it was peaceful. I am happy to hear she could pass in her own home. Take care.

Analytics