Monday, February 05, 2024

Second Weekend

The days go by quickly. Relatives, nurses, service workers regularly pop in and out of our house. 

Saturday, I managed to getaway for a short hike. I enjoy the peace and quiet. 

Mom's conditions continue to evolve. Every day brings new challenges of varying degrees. It's stressful on our family and the cracks are showing. 

As I joked to a friend "I need to teach collaboration and teamwork to people who learnt from the oil patch and the barn yard." Of course, some of that is on me. I have to accept my family for who they are, not presume that it's my place to coach to them to be more effective, whatever that means.

1 comment:

"Tommy" said...

CareGiving is certainly a sensitive matter for a family. Patience is one of the most coveted virtues, for all.

Analytics