Saturday, May 10, 2008

"'Collectible' like 'eatable' or 'drinkable' is not high praise."-- Roger Ebert

RO spent a thousand dollars at an estate sale on Royal Daulton figurines. I am a bit annoyed with him because money is tight. But, I've looked through eBay, and he is probably right in that we can sell them quickly for a profit.

At first he tried to keep the figurine purchase a secret. He has many boxes of treasures and collectibles. A few days ago he told me he found a box of figurines and decided that it was time to sell them. I was kind of happy with that decision. I would love to have fewer of his collectibles They just sit there, get dusty, take up space and make me feel bad when one becomes chipped.

Today while I was doing the books for the store I found the cheque used to pay for them. When I asked him what it was for it broke out in his "I'm busted" grin and fessed up to the purchase.


No comments:

Analytics