Monday, February 04, 2008

This is a silly milestone, but I feel like noting it anyways. For the first time in my life, I am writing a document, a manul & specification that the public will see and use, that has subheadings seven levels deep.

You know, sections as in.
Section 1. Introduction
Section 1.1 Overview
Section 1.1.1 External Assumptions

I keep imagining some pour soul actually trying to read and discuss this document.

"Hey, take a look at section 2.2.2.1.1.2.1.2. I'll admit I was a little bored after reading section 2.2.2.1.1.1.1.3, but section 2.2.2.1.1.2.1.2 really livened things up! "

I feel as if I have no soul. I don't care at all about this document or the people who read it. If it gives readers as much pain reading it as I feel writing it, then that's fine by me.

Contractual obligation writing at its finest.

No comments:

Analytics