Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My mother is in town for a week. She had a long flight out-- bad weather delayed her takeoff by a day.

But, all is well now. RO loves fawning over her. RO spent hours setting up her bedroom. Make sure the bed was made just so, with linen spray in the right spots, feature mattress topper plumped just so, new floral and polished artwork.

Yesterday I took mom shopping. She is Canadian and the Canadian dollar is strong now, so everything is a bargin.

I also cooked a good meal for her. She eats very plain-- meat, potatoes and boiled veggies every day-- so I worry a little when I cook fancy for her. I made coconut and lemon grass soup with chicken and mushrooms. Fortunatly she liked it. I think her plain diet is mostly because of my dad and that she would eat more adventurusly if it weren't for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never heard about that recepit with coconut, I love coconut, anyways you must be a very good cook :-) talking about food make me hungry

"Tommy" said...

Hmmmm.... so you going to make soup when i show up

Analytics