Thursday, February 28, 2008

My brother has conned me out of $1000.00. I'm pissed off at him, and amused. I don't think he intentionally took the $1000.00-- I gave him the money for something else. I am sure he intended to do the right thing, but somewhere along the line, bills and alcohol got in the way.

The full story.

About a year and a half ago My brother asked me if I wanted a bear skin rug. He was hunting and had killed a bear. If I would pay for the tanning, $500 down, $500 at pickup, then I could get the rug.

I said yes and sent my brother the first $500.00.

Last fall, about a year later, I asked my brother where my rug was. He said he called the tanner and it was ready to pick up. All I had to do was send him another $500.00. I sent him that and asked him to courier the rug to me.

The rug never arrived. I asked my mom to look into it. Mom visited me last week and is now spending a week with my brother his wife and and their kids.

Mom called me this morning. She said my brother didn't have the rug. She is not even certain that the bear ever made it to the tanner.

I am vdissapointed, but I'm not suprized or angry. I'm trying to figure out who to out-think my brother. The possibility of revenge, or justice, kind of amuses me.

No comments:

Analytics