Monday, August 16, 2004

I had a quiet weekend. At first we were going to take a road trip around the Cascade Mountains, but C2 and Matt had to pull out.

Saturday I goofed off at home.

Sunday, I went boating with Mac and Joe. Sandy was there-- he hurt his back, so he spent most of the time resting.

Mac and Sandy were boating along with the gay yacht club. Two of the guys in the flotilla live close to me. I'll invite them over for a BBQ some evening.

We talked about the percentage of gays in Seattle. We think about 10% of the population is gay. To double check, we counted the gay-boats and the straight boats around us. There were 9 gay boats and 80 straight boats. Now I'm curious how many gay people live around me. I only know of two couples, but there are hundreds houses in my neighborhood. How can I tell?

Matt and Sandy are going through a rough patch in their relationship. For various complicated reasons, Matt's parents' lost their home. Now the parents are staying with Matt and Sandy's until they get a new place. Sandy is uncomfortable with the intrusion and the way they've taken over their home. Mac and I want to sit down with Matt and give him a chat. Matt can be very inflexible with Sandy, but when it comes to his parents, he'll do anything.

No comments:

Analytics