Thursday, August 26, 2004

I dodged a bullet today at work.

My company has a policy where you must always grow and learn. If you stagnate, they put you on an strict improvement plan the usually results in you quiting within 6 months.

Well, for for the past two years, my performance was average for my level. Three average ratings in a row, and the improvment plans starts.

For this past year my performance was rated as above average. So, live returns to normal.

Part of me was hoping to get the average rating. It would give me a reason to change, to leave. I've spent seven years in the same division at the same company and honestly I'm not really into the job. I feel like I'm faking it. But, I'm a nice guy that the leaders like to have around, so I slowly crawl up the ladder with them.

Part of me says that I've not a nice job, good salary and that I work with good people. I should count my blessings. There are about six billion people on the planet who are worse off than I. Part of me, my soul, knows that's not enough.

No comments:

Analytics