Sunday, December 09, 2001

Had an Ok day. Bad night.

I went over and had breakfast at Bruce and Chris's. We sat around and watched movies all day. The titles I remember are The Sweet Hereafter and Cecil B. DeMented

The Sweet Hereafter is one of those great movies that you won't like. It's about a school bus accident that kills many of a small town's children and a lawyer trying to convince the grieving parents to hire him to sue whoever may be responsible. It's very depressing and doesn't have a happy ending. The bus accident scene is very effictive. Instead of seeing a spectacular crash, you see something very low key. Instead of being entertained by an explosion, you are left with the feeling that you witnesed a horrible accident.

Had dinner at Bruce and Chris's

I went out to the Cuff later. Didn't have a good night. I ran into Darryl. A long time (6 months?) ago I gave my number to Darryl . He never called. We flirted a bit tonight. He said he still had my number, so I said "Call me". As I was leaving he pulled me aside and told me why he didn't call-- he's HIV+

Why can't I find something simple? All I want is a healthy, good, straight acting man who lives within driving distance. I don't think I'm too picky. Lately my luck is just shit.

No comments:

Analytics