Wednesday, April 24, 2024

My mother-in-law has bought a new dog. From what I understand, it will be a four-pound Shih Tzu. My husband and mother-in-law will pick it up at the airport this afternoon.

When my mother-in-law first mentioned she was purchasing a dog, I saw my husband try to hide his emotions. He forced his face to look neutral. My mother-in-law has owned several Shih Tzus over the years. Historically, instead of training the dogs to relieve themselves outdoors, she has let them use pee-pads indoors. The smell in her previous home was terrible. Neither of us have fond memories of them.

My mother-in-law is an 85-year-old woman who lives alone. She has friends at her retirement home, but like others in their 80s, they are passing away. If a dog will bring her some happiness, then let it be.

No comments:

Analytics