Thursday, January 11, 2024

Work is a peculiar blend of pressure and relief. The relief comes from the absence of upper management and some colleagues who are either sick or on vacation. The pressure, however, is due to the looming deadlines for significant commitments next week. Those present are striving to complete as much as possible to prevent a crisis. In the meantime, I’m making decisions that ideally require our VP’s input, hoping there won’t be too much to rectify upon his return.

The chill of winter is finally upon us. The season’s first snowflakes are gently falling outside my window. This morning, a hummingbird was spotted at our feeder, preparing for the cold snap.

On a personal note, I’m working to minimize distractions and reduce my reliance on my cellphone. I haven’t completely abandoned social media, but I’ve stopped checking my cell first thing in the morning and only use it when necessary during the day. This change has freed up more time for me to engage in activities of my choice, such as writing, reflecting, thinking, and exercising.

These minor distractions are everywhere. Even opening a web browser for work presents enticing notifications that attempt to divert my attention from my tasks.

No comments:

Analytics