Sunday, December 03, 2023

We have a new room mate. He is a traveling nurse with a dog that gets along well with our dog.

I have a family matter to consider. My mother's health has been declining for months, and Dad is firm about keeping her home for as long as possible. He is against placing her in a nursing home. My brother and I had a discussion about this yesterday. He states Dad is struggling in caring for Mom and that neither he nor Dad would push back if I decided to move Mom to a nursing home.

My brother and I are considering this carefully.

Years ago, my uncles made the difficult decision to move my grandparents into nursing homes. I wish I had more information about that experience.

I will visit my parents over Christmas, and Dad and I will have a detailed discussion then.

2 comments:

Bathwater said...

My dad adjusted well to the nursing home. I think he realized his situation. It will be hard for your mother to understand her situation, which makes yours very hard. If she were well, I think she would want what is best for her family and husband. Take care.

"Tommy" said...

Such a difficult and delicate family matter.

I hope for the Best for all of Y'all

Analytics