Sunday, April 24, 2005

The melencoly joy of power washing.

Today I bought a power washer-- 3000 PSI. It blasts the dirt off of anything. My cemet walks look new. My roof is clean. My old wooden benches look band new.

The washer comes with a "red" washer tip that can blast pieces off of cement and stone.

It's like cleaning with a tornado-- 3000 dirt blasting psi at the end of the hose. All that high pressure water has to go somplace. If you spray near soil or beauty bark then a blast of crap flies all over the place. You need to clean twice. Once at high pressure to chisel the dirt off and once at low pressure to clean the mess left by the first pass.

The other downside is that it does a good job, but slowly. It only cleans a strip about four inches wide so it takes a long time to do a sidewalk or roof. I tried it on a small patch of a bench. The wood went from weathered and grey to brown and new. The difference was so noticeable I had to do the whole bench and the wood chair next to it.

No comments:

Analytics